Death's by the Window
Death's at the window looking by
I work with my hand right in my mind
Everything;s right, Nothing was wrong
But still he stand out there so strong
I passed him as I leave the room
He leered at me deep in the gloom
I tried my hardest to turn back
To ask him calmly 'What the heck'
I look at the patient in the bed
The fact is true: He is dead
But yet the operation went on fine
But Death was at the window looking by
I turn to him, fury in my heart
I asked him why is it so hard
To leave one alone, to let one sleep
And wake tomorrow from eternal dream
He rested upon a cushioned chair
Steepled his finger, touching his hair
He looked at me with eyes of flame
And said so calmly 'I cannot be tamed'
'I am the master of the thousand plight
The cries of human deep in the night
I am the gentle wind of fate
The impartial scale of life I take
I seethed with horror and despair
I fight against him every night
And still he win- its a cruel fight
'Then what am I' I cried in fright
For a long time he stared at me
At the tears he always see
At the anger he always feel
At the sorrow he never knew
'You are a healer, against my night
You fight with honour by my side
You give all that i'll eventually take
You buy life for many at stake
But yet learn this- You cannot prevail
You can only give others a time to heal
For someday all will come back
Even you, will see that fact'
So I work in the room, peace in mind
I know he's looking somewhere by
I know I cannot fight his might
But I know he allows us one more try.