<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9000030?origin\x3dhttp://gentle-ripples.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Welcome to gentle-ripples.blogspot.com
Wednesday, December 24, 2008Y

I have been hiding a secret of sorts for a while.

It partially explains my apparent neglect of this blog.

But i am not going to give it up! It saved my sanity during renal physio studies.

Really.

I apologise to onyee and philana for laughing at their androgynous boys.

Sigh. Sometimes i think that fate likes to play with me.

But i have no regrets!!!



I am in love with vampire knight -.-

I know.

Go on, gasp and groan. (Or in philana's and onyee's case, carper with joy.)

I had been disdainfully eschewing anime and manga at RJC, despite the girls' bestest effort to convert me. Each time they try i'll give some disparaging comment or another, and devote myself to the infinitely more interesting H3 chemistry.

They were the only two to which i fully confessed how much i like the manga. Actually, i had no choice. Today, we entered a cosplay shop at Far East.

I was relatively nonchalent while they oohed and ahhed over the various costumes, artifacts and etc.

Until Philana the queen broke through my defenses.

'Oh hey look, posters.'

I took one look and I squealed.

I could not believe it myself actually. Neither did Philana and Onyee.

I actually asked them after that. 'Did i actually squeal?'

'Yes, you did,' said Evil Twin, who was practically singing. 'Welcome to our world, Chiawyee!!!'

Not good.

As it turns out, the first poster was that of ZERO. *sobs* My biggest weak point. Both girls thought i was going to wipe the shop clean of posters and parade them in my room, but I have yet to gain the courage to do that yet. (I cannot imagine my mom's reaction if she comes in to my room one morning and see it filled with pictures of Zero. I think she might faint.)

I could not hide it from my brother too. Because on my computer background, there is an enormous picture of zero. He prudently kept his silence until one day, while i slept with my computer on, he noticed that my screen saver was filled with pictures from Vampire Knight.

'JIE!' he hollered. 'I can't believe you, ARE YOU SWOONING?'

'No,no,' i said feebly. I moved the mouse rapidly over the screen; zero's image came into view in the background. I quickly opened the internet. 'I am not.'

He rolled his eyes. 'I can't believe you.' he repeated again.



The other thing about being inducted to the world of manga is that swamps of fan are now desperate to pull me into deeper waters. The inevitable introductions came out; it was like one of those zombie movies where people get converted. (of course, this was much better than being a zombie.)Philana and Onyee started giving me a long lecture on the different potential mangas i could potentially and disaterously fall in love with; i was determined to resist, accompanied by Sharon's utterly disappointed face. (I promised her i would go back and reread Waiting For Godot,to regain my literary capabilities.)

I am now only afraid they will force feed me with the mangas by sending it over to my house and locking me in a room.

Dear me.

What will happen to my kidney and heart studies then? Drown in the sea of mangas.

Besides, the mangaka takes so long to draw their creation that i was frankly quite insulted. I mean, here i am, happily reading Vampire Knight, only to realise that the series was not completed, AND SHE TAKES ONE MONTH TO FINISH ONE CHAPTER.

'That is very fast already lorh,' said onyee placidly. 'My brother takes two years to wait for one book.'

I need a patience of a lama if i have to wait 2 years for a book.

Harry Potter was bad enough.

I guess I finally understand Felicia's pain on unfinished novels.

For now, however, i will remained loyal to Vampire Knight and only Vampire Knight, to which I declare the cutest drawn male characters ever created.

*swoons somemore*

ends at 12/24/2008 08:58:00 PM