<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9000030?origin\x3dhttp://gentle-ripples.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Welcome to gentle-ripples.blogspot.com
Tuesday, February 17, 2009Y

The Curious Case of the Genitalia

Oooh, scintillating title.

When we studied anatomy, we knew at the back of our head that we will be reaching this region, the subject of childhood taboos.It is the only region where alternaltive, non-sexually sounding names like 'bird-bird' and 'popo'are given to organs use for, what else, sexual reproduction. (I sometimes wonder what God might think of his creation giving such ignominous names to such important parts, but i digress.)

Of course we are professional about it. WE are medical students after all, and we are nothing but professional. Still, there were occasional times when I was caught by surprise, and I will feel the slight twitch of childhood guilt, like I just said something terribly naughty.

Imagine this:

You were deligently copying notes for a lecture on the male reproductive system when your (male) friend, who was sitting beside you, asked you this 'Sorry, What did the lecturer just said?'

Following your reflex, you turned to look him in the eye, only to say this

'He said... penis.'

(Outwardly always calm and professional)

This subject also gave rise to a few interesting situations.

We were in the anatomy hall, studying specimens. (Draw a line slight below your umblicus and another line across your upper thigh. That is the piece of the body part we are studying.)

As we were gathering around listening to Liang En the Genius, who never fazed by any region we throw at him (He swallowed the book), one of our (male) friend said

'Is that a female part?'

We all turned simultaneously to look at the conspicously penis-less specimen.

And turned back to his expectant face.

'Did you,' I did this delicately, because I don't want to accuse him of being, I don't know, blind? 'asked if this is a female?'

He gave an affirmative.

'How in the world does this look like a male part???'

He blushed and said something about needing to confirm, you never know what people do to cadavers.

'Like what, you think they castrate the specimen???'

Then, after I was in the anatomy hall, studying with two (male) friends. Guy A and B.

Guy A suddenly said 'Hey, B, I want to ask you a question.'

I looked up, cause I might learn something from it. A gave me a look of consternation and said

'Don't look, this is a boy thing.'

Which made me listen more than ever.

'I ask you ah... the duct from the seminal vesicles (Organ that produce seminal fluid) right, joins the vas deferens (part that conducts sperms), forming ejaculatory duct right?'

B agreed. I listened.

'Then... where does the ejaculatory duct goes to?'

I can't help it. The childhood giggles were back. I laughed.

B said 'The urethra (Which conducts the urine)'

A was mortified. 'But... that's where the... the...'

'Urine.' I supplied.

'But that is disgusting!'

Full blown laughter on my part.

B gave a whittering look at my utterly undignified manner. 'A, how many holes does the penis have?'

A fell into a thoughtful silence. Then he started again.

'B, i ask you something.'

I listened again.

'You don't listen, its a boy thing.'

Full listening mode, cum internal radar.

'Do you think... people bathe before... you know...'

B gave another whittering look. 'How would I know?'

I laughed again.

A muttered to himself. 'But its dirty...'

While we have sex maniacs like tanjong pagar, we also have those like A. Personally I prefer A version. Tanjong Pagar has a second riddle -.-

There were two men and two women. (Premise sounds doggy, and it delivers as well)

There were also two condoms (See?)

Give that you cannot reuse the condom (Meaning that the condom can only be used on one woman), how to you ensure that the man have in total three sexual experience?

He went on to specify that one man must have sex with two women while the other have sex with one.

He also proudly announced that he solved this in one and a half minute. Proudly announced. -.-

I am not going to tell the answer. You guys have fun guessing!

ends at 2/17/2009 08:26:00 PM