<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9000030?origin\x3dhttp://gentle-ripples.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Welcome to gentle-ripples.blogspot.com
Thursday, July 30, 2009Y

And the motorcycle saga...

Continues.

To my disapointment, papa has yet to kill his interest in motorcycle.

'It'a a pity,' he said in dinner today. 'The bike so really nice- i can tell from the picture. But I'm going to USA on monday, so i thought, after buying it, then what? Leave it in the house for two days?'

'No.' i muttered. 'We'll try to sell it then.'

He looked at me thoughtfully.

'You know, there is a bike with Hello Kitty painted all over it.'

I stared at him.

'I'm twenty, papa. It'll be pretty cool if i am five though...'

'No really!! He is really proud of it. Said he painted it over the new year. And he calls it the 'Hello Kitty' Bike.'

'It's a he huh.' I smirked at my brother.

'At first he said the last offer is $1350, one week later the last offer is $1200. So weird right? How come he can't sell it?'

'I wonder why.' i said drily. 'I bet he can't sell it because he painted little cats all over it.'

My brother laughed.

'Why not?' said papa. 'Girls like what?'

'Papa, how many girls you know like Hello Kitty and ride a motorbike at the same time?' I asked. 'I tell you, when men see "Hello Kitty" bike, there is an auto-repulsion effect. He just chased away his own customers.'

What disturbed me more, was that in order for me to accept him riding a bike, my papa was actually willing to buy one with Hello Kitty painted all over it -.-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mama had been on an awesome dieting program recently.

I found her, one evening, lying unmoving on her bed.

'Eh, mama-'

'Don't talk to me.' she said, barely opening her mouth.

Puzzled, I went to my brother.

'Eh, cheese, what's up with mama?'

'Didn't you know?' he said with a smirk; his words were dripping with pure sarcasm. He is learning well. 'Apparently, one instruction in her diet booklet was to try not to talk or move after 7pm.'

'You mean there is such a dieting program?'

'APPARENTLY.' said my brother.

Then papa went in.

'Eh, i saw this motorcycle; it's really good leh. Aren't you going to ask me why?'

'No.' breathed my mama.

'Why not? Ask lah, its-'

'No.'

Papa tried again; mama exploded.

'DON'T TALK TO ME, I'M NOT SUPPOSE TO TALK OR MOVE AT ALL.'

Dieting program failed!

ends at 7/30/2009 07:47:00 PM