<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9000030?origin\x3dhttp://gentle-ripples.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Welcome to gentle-ripples.blogspot.com
Monday, July 13, 2009Y

I am in danger of dying.

I am not joking.

My papa recently has got it in his mind to purchase a motorcycle.

Never mind that the last bike he rode was 30 years ago. Never mind when he tried to mount the bike, he could not get his two feets off the ground.

More importantly, is his reason for purchasing the bike.

'I want to use it to fetch chiawyee to the mrt station!!'

I looked up at him. 'Papa-pa, the bike looks bigger than you.'

'What nonsense!! Give me half an hour, and i'll master it!'

I looked at him wobbling on the bike. Looks like the bike is riding him.

'I don't know about you, papa, but I want to live.'

'What are you talking about?'

'If possible, i like my papa to live too.'

'But it will be so convenient! Don't you want to be fetch to the mrt?'

'... I find walking very healthy.'

He protested at my display of unfillialness.

'papa, the only time i need transport would be when it rains, which makes a bike worse than useless.'

Did he listen to me? Nooooo. Now he is looking at a series of dangerous looking two wheeled vehicle that fifty year old fathers have no business riding.

Please prepare your eulogy now.

P.S. Just highlighted my hair! At least I did that before I get killed.

ends at 7/13/2009 01:03:00 PM