<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9000030?origin\x3dhttp://gentle-ripples.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Welcome to gentle-ripples.blogspot.com
Monday, July 06, 2009Y

I'm in danger of falling in love....

With a new manga character.

Sorry guys.

Come to think of it, if time travelling existed, and chiawyee from the year 2006 were to drop me a visit, she would flip.

Even as I gushed and ooed over Usui from Maid-sama, a back part of my conscience remembered my highly haughty and condescending expression to onyee and philana, who are now determined to ruin me completely.

The last time they salivate over a male character, I said 'I can't believe you guys are gushing over a drawn character who doesn't even have a third dimension.'

'But he's hot!' said cynical philana empathetically.

Seeing the usually serious, apathetic and cynical philana falling in love with a drawn, non-existant paper character made me worry for a second. I mean, wow, she actually abandoned all common sense. That is not an easy thing to do.

Onyee currently has a theory that if she chants a manga name long enough in my ear,I will read it.

Which is why now if I meet her, all she ever says is 'D.N. angel, D.N. angel, D.N. angel,D.N. angel...'

And if I tried to change the topic, all she would say is 'Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Alchemist,Full Metal Alchemist,Full Metal Alchemist.....'

To make matters worst, she is also trying to induce me into the world of yaoi. For those lucky people who are still clueless about what that means, it means homosexual love. Between guys.

'Two hot guys!' she squealed. 'Together!'

'That is disturbing.' I murmured.

She's not giving up yet, because I, who resisted for two years, eventually became a manga addict. She is convinced that I will go over to the dark side.

I DON'T WANT!!!!!!!!!!

BUT ONYEE IS SCARY.....

And now, now, she actually invited me to something I would hithero never go.

'Hey philana,' said onyee when we met up. 'There's a manga convention next weekend. Wanna go?'

Philana naturally said yes. Now, the normal procedure previously was to completely ignore chiawyee in these conversations. In return, she would usually snort in disbelief, or something along those lines.

Now...

'Chiawyee? What about you?'

I stoned for a second.

'Wait a minute,' i said. 'Something feels weird here.'

'Yea,' said onyee with an evil grin. 'I am inviting you.Do you wanna come?'


Ohhhhh boy. Ohhhhh devil. Ohhhhh shit. I am sinking deeper into the world of two dimensional characters!!! And onyee is carefully plotting my downfall further.

So, one advice to me from 2006: If you are reading this now, it might be a good idea to moderate your comments. Karma is a scary thing.

ends at 7/06/2009 11:47:00 AM